Saturday, January 14, 2012

Its a new day!

Every day is a new day here. Thursday we woke up to a trace of snow. It was a breezy 17 degree's with 75% humidity. Let me just say it hurt to go out side. Not painful enough to stop me from layering up and running outside to take pictures of the geese. ...but I did question the tips of my ears when I came back in about frost bite!
I counted 63 geese on the pond!

It will never get old to wake up and see sights like this out my window!

So cool to watch them come in and land then take off. They make a lot of noise right before landing and take off.
On another note. We have made it through another week of school. Hattie started B-ball and came home crying that afternoon. She was walking like she had been beat with a bat. She said all they did was run lines the entire hour. Then second period was PE and all they did was run.  We talked about not giving up and sticking with things we start. So she got up the next morning for practice "I am not going to tell you about all the tears" but she did go, and I was not making her (proud mom moment). She text me later and said it was much better that day.  She also brought home her first friend yesterday. Her name is Katie "apparently her new best friend" according to Katie. I am not sure Hattie likes the idea yet as she still has her best friends from Utah in her mind.  Katie ended up spending the night.  I was happy Hattie had made a good friend but it was strange having some stranger in our house. I am so use to seeing all the kids Hattie grew up with hanging out.  
              Avri is still loving her new classroom. I have not heard one complaint out of her. The twins and Kyle are just all being 8 year olds and loving life. 
              Matt still runs out side with his riffle every time someone calls beaver.  I set up a bird feeder in front of the kitchen window and watch the birds come in when I find myself wandering around wondering what to do with myself. ....that's pretty much life as we know it right now. ...O and I go outside and count the geese when they fly in!

No comments: