Friday, March 12, 2010

lessons learned in remodeling!

This bathroom remodel has been a lot harder than I thought it was going to be! I came into this idea thinking I would just do it and it would be a breeze! Boy was I wrong! I started out with 16x16 size tiles. I chose the classic slate. I saw this wall made out of this slate at home depot and it was half the price of other slates I had seen and the wall was beautiful, so i went with it. I bought 56 boxes. The sample wall had mostly black in it with a few deep purple swirls, but when we got home and started to open boxes and lay tiles out to see what this wall was going to look like with full tiles. My husband came in and freaked out because the colors were so different. He said it looked like we went around to every tile store and got free samples because we could not afford to go buy cases. So thats when the tears started.

1 comment:

CheleTales said...

Matt wouldn't know style if it hit him over the head with a 2x4. :) I love slate tile and you have produced a piece of art in your bathroom.