Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Women doing a mans job!

SO the drama with my bathroom remodel continues! My friend came over to help me after only getting half a wall up in an afternoon. I had a bunch of tiles already cut, so I thought we would mix us up some thin set. So I have this drill and this long paddle that attaches to it. So I get it all put together and get the thin set in the 5 gallon bucket, I add the water, tell my friend to hold the bucket so it does not spin. First big mistake. I added to much water and the stuff flies all over my kitchen. The next hour is spent cleaning up thin set from the floor and walls. I had so much thin set on my pant leg that it was pulling my pants down. So we get the mess cleaned up and take it out side to try again. We get it all set up and my friend gets down and is holding the bucket. I turn on the drill and this time the thin set is so thick that the drill is ripped out of my hand and knocks my friend right in the four head. She is half crying half laughing as this purple knot starts to form on her head. We did not give up, we got our thin set mixed and began to set the tiles.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Love this story....she must be a real friend to still be talking to you! ;)

Katie said...

I know! I am so lucky! She even stayed and helped after nearly being knocked out! Gotta love you and your hard head : )