Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stuffed Rolls!


                     This is one of my family's favorite meals.
Stuffed Rolls!

Start by making your favorite roll recipe! 
I use my roll mix!

While the dough rises I make the stuffing.  I usually make a couple different  stuffing's at a time. 
This is just pepperoni cut up. A small amount of my own canned pizza sauce, and a small amount of  mozzarella cheese.
You don't want to add to much sauce or cheese because it tends to leak out if you do.
This one is a qrt of my canned chicken, half a cube of cream cheese, about half a cup of sour cream, dryed basil (I would use fresh if I had it) diced up garlic (I like a lot) about a cup of mozzarella cheese, pepper and a pinch of salt. 
This is a new one. It is about a half qrt of canned chicken, a pint of my canned pineapple (drained) and about a half cup of our favorite bbq sauce and some diced garlic. I did cook this one to get some of the juices out from the pineapple. After it cooled down I added about 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.

Now I know this may seem like a lot of work or prep, but all the ingredients are already prepared. It is a matter of opening jars and pouring. The dough is all ready except for the wet ingredients. I do not own a mixer, so I make mine by hand.
I take a glob of dough and roll it out, then cut it with my pizza cutter. You can do these any size you want. I have done them small enough that they are just bite size and big enough that one could be an entire meal.
I put a little cheese on the bottom, add a spoon full of stuffing, then a little more cheese.  Then you are going to pick up one end and roll and tuck. Roll forward and tuck in the sides as you go. You want to get the best seal possible so all your yummy stuff stays inside. 
Here is a pan ready to go in the oven. I have them arranged on the pan in different sizes and shapes so I know which ones are which, and so I have a variety for my kids to choose from. 
I bake them on 350 for 20 minutes. I did butter the tops this time around. I usually don't and it did not make a difference to me. Like I said you can take as much time as you want to make them pretty, or just throw it all together. I am not so much into making my food pretty and perfect before it disappears into mouths. I am into the fastest prep, and my husband and kids love these.

So I told you just to add a small amount of pizza sauce to the pepperoni stuffing! I dump a Qrt jar of sauce into a pan, put what I need in the pepperoni stuffing and heat the rest up, then you have a dipping sauce for those who like it extra saucy.  

Add a salad and or fruit for the perfect meal!

No comments: