Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

            As a mother of 4 older girls ...I am trying to get use to this fact...Boys will be boys and girls will be girls!  I never had a bother myself and my dad has always been a very manly man. I know there have been occasions of laughter and joking but mostly very serious and a very hard worker. I grew up with my mother and 3 sisters.  So you can imagine the shock at having 2 young boys of my own. They act as if they are from another planet.  I have a list from my perspective....


My girls...I would rather die than anyone hear me pass gas and if the chance that I ever pee my pants, they would be changed and the proof in the washer before anyone ever had the chance to know. 
My Boys...This one is 7,  I tell him to get all his bedding to the washer so I can wash it. He has a friend show up while he is in the process.  He says "I am changing my bedding because they smell like pee...DUDE...I pee my pants. See that spot? Yep that's pee! " His friend also a boy... "ya  DUDE...I stopped peeing my pants"  Mine ..."DUDE my mom makes me go pee before bed and it helps"  Friend... "cool dude"


My girls...Come in crying...My friend said they did not want to play with me. I hold them and pat them tell them I am the only friend they need and I love them.
My boys...Some friend of his comes in crying..."Kyle Punched me in the chest" Me..."Kyle come here,  Why did you punch your friend?"  KYLE "because he said he did not want to play with me"


My girls..."mom these shoes make my feet stink, can I throw them away?"
My boys..."I don't care if these shoes make my feet smell like I died and they have holes in them. I don't have to tie them and they are the most comfortable."


My girls...After a couple bites of food "Mom I am full can I be done eating?"
My boys...After 7 eggs, one peanut butter sandwich and a pediasure drink ...that's just my 7 year old. "mom can I have another sandwich?" Where the heck do they put it all?


My girls..."can we all be in gymnastics, so we can learn to do cartwheels and dance around?"
My boys..."can we be in karate so we can learn how to be ultimate fighters?"  Do they ever stop wanting to fight and wrestle?


My girls..."I am going to grow my hair out to my butt. I know I am only 10 but can I wear makeup to school yet?" 
My boys..."will you shave my hair off, so the girls will stop pulling it when they want me to go somewhere?" Me "your hair is like a half inch, I am not shaving it again"  BOY..."and mom, I am glad I am not an Indian because other people hunt them and I would not want to be hunted while I am sleeping" ... ME ..."Really, where did that come from? could you be any more random?"


My girls..."wanna play barbies"?
My boys..."lets play army guys, they can dive off the rim of the toilet into the water and then we can try flushing them and see if they survive" "O.. that guy went down, Lets see if we put a bunch of clothes and some shoes in, then we will shut the lids and flush"  Me later..."uummm, why is the toilet full of your clothes and shoes, and what is stuck in there.  "?  HIM...Shoulders shrugging and arms and hands out, look of total confusion "ummm...I forgot"  Later the next day while taking the toilet out of the floor to fix it" HIM..."mom, can I have my toys back that didn't go down because the bar of soap stopped it from going down all the way"?  






Gotta love Em all, but man o man do the boys know how to push your buttons and the girls know how to melt your heart!  I will post again in 5 years and I am sure the tables will be turned!
  

2 comments:

Adrian said...

So funny and true. Even though I don't have girls, I totally relate to the boy stuff.

Kaylynn said...

hahaha I love this post Katie. Like Adrian, I totally get the boy thing. My boys are just the same. Gotta love them!