Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life saver Pancake mix

I double this recipe and then keep it in a huge container. I have found that this recipe tastes better than store bought and it is way cheaper.    
10 Cups of all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups of instant non fat dry milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
2 tbls salt


When you are ready to make the pancakes you just add your wet ingredients.  I do not measure. The thing that is good about this recipe is. You can add just water if that is all you have and they will turn out.  I like to add a couple eggs, oil and milk.
I will drop in a few chocolate chips after I flip one side. I have also used apple sauce, berries of all kinds and pumpkin puree for the liquid. I still add the egg but not oil.

If you are not good at just throwing stuff in. 1 1/2 cup of mix. 1 egg, 1 cup of water, and 3 tables of oil.

for puff oven pan cakes
4 tbls butter or margarine, 4 eggs, 2/3 cup milk, 2/3 cup mix. heat oven 450.  put 2 tables of butter into 2 9 inch pie plates. in blender combine remaining ingredients. pour batter into plates bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.  You can top it with any type of fruit topping.

I have also used this mix for waffles. I just use less water and add an extra egg.

I usually make a double batch of pancakes in the morning and the kids snack on them or eat the rest the next day. I have made 4-5 batches at once let them cool on a cookie rack and then freeze them. You have toaster pancakes! They freeze very nicely.

No comments: